I have a user who cannot change her full name in her profile in JIRA Cloud!

Deborah Genevro January 26, 2018

Full Name displays as email address.  I've looked at all the previous responses and nothing seems to work.  Most of my users were able to update their full name, but the more recently added users have not been able to do so.  Following are the instructions I provided to my user.  When she gets to the manage your account screen, full name is greyed out and she cannot update it.

ChangeFullNameInstructions.jpg

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deborah Genevro August 1, 2018

The solution offered by Atlassian support worked for us.

With the introduction of Atlassian Account, the user accounts have become self-managed. That means that for a user to change their email and their full name, they need to log in to http://id.atlassian.com and change the email/full name directly in their profile section.

The problem we are experiencing is that from the update profile link within JIRA will not allow updates to Full Name.  However, when my user used this link, he was able to update his Full Name.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2018

Thank you so much for taking time to share the fix that Atlassian suggested @Deborah Genevro

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2018

Did you try the following?

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/JIRA-How-do-I-change-the-full-name/qaq-p/142554

Are you seeing the same behavior in different browsers?

Deborah Genevro January 26, 2018

Yes, I tried, but this did not work for me.  I cannot understand why some users can do this and some cannot.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2018

Keep scrolling down as some user had other way to do it.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2018

yep this is weird. I plan to check w/ some of my recent user adds and see if I can reproduce. IMO this is something that Atlassian Support should chime in on so @Deborah Genevro you may wish to open a ticket.

Deborah Genevro January 28, 2018

@Jack Brickey - I would appreciate anything you find.  I am opening a ticket with Atlassian as well.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 30, 2018

@Deborah Genevro, I am not experiencing this issue at this time. Have you head back from Support?

Deborah Genevro January 30, 2018

The solution offered by Atlassian support worked for us.

With the introduction of Atlassian Account, the user accounts have become self-managed. That means that for a user to change their email and their full name, they need to log in to http://id.atlassian.com and change the email/full name directly in their profile section.

The problem we are experiencing is that from the update profile link within JIRA will not allow updates to Full Name.  However, when my user used this link, he was able to update his Full Name.

@Jack Brickey - Thank you for following up.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 30, 2018

I was familiar w/ the need to access via id.atlassian.com. I thought that was where the profile link was actually resolving to. My bad for not realizing that or I could have assisted earlier. Glad you got it resolved. 

I would recommend adding the solution into an "Answer" rather than reply and accepting so that it will help other in future searches.

Deleted user July 31, 2018

What if the Account is Managed, but the organisation is not using "Atlassian Access"?

Like Rebecca Allen likes this

Suggest an answer