I have a problem when opening jira from my iphone...network error every time i login

Mohamed Esawy January 20, 2021

2E2B350E-5CA6-4F2A-B1A1-DFC35AB9873E.png

4 answers

0 votes
Matt Grant September 28, 2022

I am experiencing the same issue. Whenever I open my Jira app on iPhone, I am greeted with this screen:

A8921BEA-E5AC-4779-A865-2233EE8B4A9E.png

when I tap “Verify policy” I get a network error pop up:805E4EB8-9B2E-45A0-B08E-9BFC4CAF23EE.png

I tried deleting and redownloading the app, no help. This is also probably from my last company and an old Jira account. I am trying to login to my new company Jira account, but keep running into this issue. Please help!

David Luong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2022

Hey Matt,

Sorry you've been running into this issue. It sounds like even though you've deleted the app, it is still somehow holding onto some data that should have been deleted. Can you try following these instructions here?

1. Open Settings.
  2. Tap your name.
  3. Tap iCloud.
  4. Tap Manage Storage.
  5. Tap an app (find Jira app).
  6. Tap Delete Data.
  7. Tap Delete to confirm.

If that doesn't work, could you follow the 3 different steps from this wikihow? Specifically the part where it shows you how to clear Safari browser data.

https://www.wikihow.com/Delete-Application-Data-in-iOS

David Luong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2022

One more thing to try Matt, since you've stated that you are trying to login with a new company account, it looks like you may have installed your previous company's VPN profile, have you tried removing this and then install the Jira and and try to login?

To remove your VPN profile, do the following steps:

1. Open Settings.
  2. Tap General.
  3. Tap VPN & Device Management.
  4. Find your previous company's VPN profile.
  5. Tap on VPN profile.
  6. Tap Remove Management.

If your new company has a VPN profile, I would also install that before you open and attempt to login to the Jira iOS app.

Like Tiffany B likes this
0 votes
David Mattatia June 2, 2022

I have started experiencing this issue a few weeks ago after years of using mobile app without any particular issue. 

I have also experienced a variant of this issue with a dark blue horizontal ribbon displayed at the top of the JIRA screen displaying "No Network. Check your internet connection"

Any idea how to solve this? Did not find the silver bullet in this article

Mohamed Esawy June 2, 2022

I knew the problem...The app permission to use network on iphone was turned off... Giving permission solved the problem

Like Tiffany B likes this
David Mattatia June 2, 2022

Thanks Mohamed. It worked indeed

0 votes
Sean Grant March 22, 2022

Check to ensure you do not have a vpn on. This was the cause in my case

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2021

I Just downloaded Jira Cloud  Mobile apple from App store

tried to login. the attempt is successful.

I'm able to view my projects on my apple XR.

Mohamed Esawy January 21, 2021

I think it is something related to safari or a conflict with another program...Every time i login i get this error... how i know this problem 

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2021
Vlad Svidersky
Atlassian Team
January 27, 2021

@Mohamed Esawy where exactly do you see this error message? At what point? Once you install the app you should see blue screen with Jira logo and Sign in button. Tapping on that button should bring up Safari and you logs in in the browser. Once login is complete, you should be redirected back to the Jira app. 

Also, are you able to login to Atlassian in Safari itself? If you launch Safari and go to https://id.atlassian.com - are you able to finish login flow? 

Mohamed Esawy January 28, 2021

On the blue screen with Jira logo, I tap the sign-in button brings up a message that jira wants to use atlassian.com with continuing or cancel choices....I press continue...it brings up Safari where I enter my account credentials....after that, it tries to login then suddenly this error message appears...I am able to login to Atlassian in Safari itself with no problem....

BCF745BF-69DC-458D-ABC0-69D9180D94C7.png78A6083E-F4C2-479E-BAA1-A976DC4D66D7.pngCF5AA96E-B631-4CE0-844F-1376CAB1A2F4.png9AB2EA4D-E267-4119-B625-A77B48353FD5.png

BAD35FF1-15E0-4545-991E-A59E5F524263.pngE4DE28FA-F3E4-41DB-8D1F-419386DA0E35.png087A06DE-A4A7-4E15-9A15-280163D3FC4F.pngF9CBBDDA-5447-4119-B817-D2B4F001E43C.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events