I have a new subscription for Jira issue tracking and it doesnot work

Vidya Srinivas November 2, 2017

I cannot see anything in my account to get this working.

I can only see my license and invoice.

Please advise asap as I bought this software just for the weekend.

If its not possible, please let me know urgently and I will find an alternative software tool.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Vidya Srinivas November 8, 2017

HELLO is anyone there to answer this ?

If not please refund my money.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2017

without information we can't help. we can't see what your issue is or what you're seeing. Can you provide more information?

Vidya Srinivas November 5, 2017

My userid is vidya.srinivasa@anglicare.org.au 

Can u please specify what info you need ?

Vidya Srinivas November 5, 2017

I want to use jira ticketting...but i cant see anything in my jira account. All i can see is manage accounts and license details. What do i use this for ? I bought the license so i can create jira tickets, sprint and board.

PLEASE REFUND MY MONEY AS YOU ARE NOT ANSWERING MY QUESTION

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2017

I am not an Atlassian. It clearly shows that I am a community member, just like you.

I was hoping for a screenshot or an example of the page you can see: I am not sure what you're seeing.

Since I'm not affiliated with Atlassian, I can't offer refunds: I'm here to ask questions and answer questions, nothing more. 

Sorry I thought you were Atlassian staff :-)

All I can see is this.... How do i create a sprint or tickets or a dashboard ?

Nothing is visible.

I bought the basic package for $10. Do I need to upgrade or do something else ?

Please check the screenshots... these are the only 2 screens i get to see....

Thanks

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2017

Hi @Vidya Srinivas, I edited your reply since it had sensitive information in it. Sorry, I should have warned you against sharing account info.

You purchased Jira Software Server. Notice the "Download Jira Software (Server)" link in your license details.

This means you clicked on "I want to install Jira on my own server". Notice in my screenshot below, I have highlighted the Self-hosted option, which is the only package for $10 one-time payment.

image.png

If you want to use Jira as software-as-a-service (aka in the Cloud) then you need to purchase the "$10/monthly" option.

image.png

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2017

Please navigate to this url: https://www.atlassian.com/company/contact/purchasing-licensing

Fill out this form:

image.png

Good luck.

Thanks, I have posted my question to them to advise how i can change to cloud hosting

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2017

Just for info, you don't really "change", more "add and remove"

For server to Cloud, you buy a new Cloud subscription.  Then contact support to request a refund on the server licence (they generally will refund without question inside the first 30 days)

For Cloud to Server, it's much the same - buy a new Server licence, then stop paying for the Cloud one

In both cases, if you have data you want to keep, grab a backup before the licence lapses and you'll be able to import it  (discussions on that are for another time)

Suggest an answer