I have a need to create links to my Jira Advanced Roadmaps that are NOT Read Only.

Michael Shost September 15, 2022

I need to have links to my Jira Advanced Roadmaps that will not bring the users who click on them to a Read Only version of the plans.

For one of my strategic initiatives, I have 20+ teams working on over 100 projects. As such, we have had to split the work into multiple plans so we do not keep have plans breaking when they reach the 100 projects / plan limit in Jira Advanced Roadmaps (that is another issue for another post, lol).

So I split the work and created multiple plans for the teams that each of my 4 Delivery Directors are managing. I created a Confluence page with a table of all the plans. The table contains columns: Plan Name, Link to Plan, & Plan Description.

I copied and pasted the links into the table from the both the Plans screen (where I would search for the Plan and then copy that link), & also from clicking on the link on the Plans screen and then copying the URL for the plan and pasting that into the table.

I have a senior leadership that does not want to have a read only version of the plan when she follows the links. Rather she wants the link to resolve to a Non Read Only version of the plan.

I have looked at other threads in the community but have not found a clear answer. Does anyone have any advice or a process I can use to ensure the links to my plans DO NOT bring the user to a  copy of the plan that is Read Only?

I appreciate any input anyone may have. Thanks & have a splendid day! 

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events