I have 5 projects and need a report on the status of all assignees

Jim Caturano August 7, 2017

I would like to export to a n excel spreadsheet all project titles with assignee with start and end date and any notes.

2 answers

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2017

Hi Jim

You're wanting all issues across all 5 projects. I'll make some assumptions:

• You're not interested in finished issues
  • You're only looking at parent issues, not subtasks
  • There are only 5 projects in your instance of Jira

This query status not in (Closed, Done) and type in standardIssueTypes() will give you what you want. You will then need to set up the columns that you want or export all columns and filter the Excel file. You won't be able to get Jira Comments this way.

0 votes
Tomasz Kustrzynski August 7, 2017

Do you mean all JIRA issues within all the projects with their assignees and start/end dates?

There's no notion of start/end date within projects.

Also, what do you mean by notes? Would this be a project description or comments on the issues?

An example of what this report should look like would be helpful.

Cheers,

Thank you. Yes I mean issues within the project for the assignees. Start and End dates progress. Comments on the issues.  Trying to capture all the headings associated with an issue i.e. type, status, start date, end date, assignee etc.  exported to an excel spreadsheet.

Thank you. I did mean issues within the project. I was hoping to get a report that lists headings i.e. title, status, assignee, start date, end date etc.  Then export to excel.     Jim

Example of report:JIRA Report.JPG

Tomasz Kustrzynski August 8, 2017

This is something you can export as CSV from the issues view, as all the columns are simple JIRA fields.

Then simply import into Excel.

Did you try that approach?

Jim Caturano August 15, 2017

Yes thank you it worked.   Jim

Suggest an answer