I have 3 requests: 1 - Would it be possible to assign a sprint to an epic issue? It would be import

Swaroop February 12, 2021

Hi Team,

My user have three queries, Please assist

we have 3 requests:

1 - Would it be possible to assign a sprint to an epic issue? It would be important to have a view of Epic deliveries in the sprints.
2 - We would like a radar on the Roadmap to see if the epic is on time or out. The radar would be inserted manually initially, green for the deadline, yellow for those who have some risk of delivery and red for arrears.
3 - We want a field to enter the billing amount that Epic will generate.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021
  1. No. Sprints cannot belong to an issue. Issues are part of a sprint. I guess technically you could create an epic for every sprint but that seems rather odd.
  2. I don’t really understand the radar concept. It seems like you want a stop light red yellow and green. There are apps I believe in the marketplace they provide something like this but not needed in Jira.
  3. you could certainly create a custom build and put in it what you wish.
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

Epics are not intended to be sprint items - in fact their whole point is that they're not - they represent an overarching thing that needs doing which is far too large to go into a sprint on its own.

I suspect you're trying to use Epics for something that isn't an Epic at all.  I'd want to take a look at that first, before trying to use the wrong thing and then try to report on it.

Suggest an answer