I have 2 sprints showing as active, but we don't have parrallel sprints enabled

We have sprint 1 and our current sprint showing as active. We don't have parrallel sprints marked as active. How can we disable, or prevent sprint 1 from showing as active from the drop down list "sprints" when we create a new Jira ticket?

5 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey Community Champion Dec 07, 2017

First, are the sprints in the same project? If so is one of the sprints simply defined in the Backlog? This is often the case since you start loading the next sprint when another is active.  

Jack Brickey Community Champion Dec 08, 2017

@Stephen Fitzgerald, as an FYI I have pulled the conversation back into the first answer in hopes of cleaning things up here a bit.

So I'm puzzled by this for sure. If indeed the sprint is "complete". What should be the case is that the Sprint field should only display options for sprints that are not "Complete". This includes "Active", "Future" and the upcoming. As you can see in the image below I have the next sprint ready to go and the test issue is set to it. I can select a "Future" sprint as well but not any completed sprints. Note I am on cloud and unsure if you are cloud or server.

What does your backlog show in the way of sprints? Can you provide an image of exactly what you are seeing. Depending on your feedback here I may reach out to other experts to chime in here.

sprint.pngAnd here is a view of my backlog...

backlog.png

Hello Jack, 

Firstly, Many thanks for your time on this. In answer to your question, I am on cloud.

I attach images of what I am seeing:-

Firstly Boards->Scrum->Reports->Sprint Report

JIRA3.jpgThen The Create Issue screen:-

JIRA1.jpgAnd finally the backlog screen:-

JIRA2.jpg

Hello Jack, 

I'm not sure how to tell if the sprints are part of the same project. I can tell you that they appear in the "sprint" menu when creating a new Jira ticket.  I checked in the backlog and found 2 sprints there. However the sprints that were there were sprints 15 & 16. The two sprints that appear in the drop down list in the create screen are sprints 16 & sprint 1.

Jack Brickey Community Champion Dec 07, 2017

your sprint 1 was never closed I expect so it will continue to show. find and close.

Could you tell me where to locate the sprint please?

thanks

When I view "Active Sprints" I can only see one sprint active, which is sprint 15. I cannot see a sprint 1.

If I go to "Boards->Scrum->Reports->Sprint Report" Sprint 1 shows as closed. Yet it is selectable from the "Create Issue" screen. Can you suggest why this might be?

thanks

Within "Create Issue" it shows as an active sprint.

Jack Brickey Community Champion Dec 08, 2017

@Stephen Fitzgerald, sorry for delay I have been rather tied up. I will try to have a look at this shortly and get back to you. 

Jack Brickey Community Champion Dec 11, 2017

Stephen, I'm thinking it may be time to open a support request w/ Atlassian. If the following query indicates that you only have one active sprint open yet when you create an issue you can choose between sprints then something is amiss w/ the 'ghost' sprint.

sprint in openSprints()

Hello Jack, 

I will open a support ticket with Jira. Thanks very much for your help.

Stephen

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 21, 2018 in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

1,032 views 7 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you