I get "Issue cannot be viewed", but I am an administrator

Maria Szydłowska February 27, 2018

I had a problem with some issues - they all belong to the same project.

When I am opening a link to the issue I am getting a page "Issue cannot be viewed".

Zrzut ekranu 2018-02-27 17.14.09.png

I am sure that this issue has not been deleted, they disappear after I changed the workflow of the particular project.

The issue also cannot be seen in the Issue Navigator (Issue search).

Zrzut ekranu 2018-02-27 17.16.16.png

I mapped all the statues in Board Configuration Columns (see the attachments).
I've reindexed the particular project and all issues in Jira.

Zrzut ekranu 2018-02-27 16.00.09.png

I've also checked the Jira logs searching for particular problems - there was nothing there (see the screenshot).

Zrzut ekranu 2018-02-27 17.04.00.pngZrzut ekranu 2018-02-27 17.04.28.png

When I am opening the "broken link" I am having something interesting in the title of the page a semicolon '-' (see the screenshot).

Zrzut ekranu 2018-02-27 17.03.34.png 

Similar issues found:

Documentation checked:

Thanks for any help!

Maria 

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2018

Is it just one issue, or is it any issue in the project?

Do you have full permission to see the project?  (Admin gives you admin rights, not project rights).  Does it have a security scheme?

It looks like an issue of the project. 

I have 3 tasks that exist before, but they disappear.

Like Carolyn O'Connor likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2018

I can't tell if you mean it is the whole project or just some issues within it.

If it is the whole project, then check the permissions for the project and check you have access.  As I said before, your admin rights are irrelevant, you need project permissions, and they are separate (admin rights mean you can always edit the permissions and people in a project though)

If it is only some issues, then there are four things it could be

1. Check the permission scheme for who can "browse project" - does it give you groups and roles in there?  Or is it dynamic roles like "reporter" and "assignee"?
  2. The workflow may have properties that are hiding it
  3. You have a security scheme applied to the project
  4. The issue has been deleted

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I mean - there are some issues in the project who are not visible or behave as they were deleted.

2. Where in the workflow can I check if it is hiding the issues?

I have one question if I may: How to check in Jira database if the tasks exist? Or if they were deleted?
Is is possible?

Thank you, 

Maria

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 27, 2018

In the workflow, it's "properties" that are placed on status, these can override the permissions

Checking the database is a simple way to rule out "issue deleted", as deleted issues are killed off completely, but it's not as simple as it used to be.

Working with your screenshot which shows you looking for DESIGN-741, first, read the table project - look for the pkey of DESIGN, and get the ID for that row.

Second, read jiraissue.  You need the ID from above for the project column, and then the issuenum is the number of the issue - 741 .

If there is an issue there, then the problem is permissions.  If there is nothing there, then the issue has been moved to another project (to which you don't have permissions) or it has been deleted.

Maria Szydłowska February 28, 2018

I have no properties set in any transition in the project's workflow.

I am going to check if they exist in our database.
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-, what do you mean by "table project"? DO I need the ID of the issue or the ID of the project? What do you mean by "get the ID for that row"?

I need to read jira issue as a result of a request to the database, right?

Thank you!

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I've check jira access logs today.

And I found that all the tasks has been deleted by one person.

So it is not a problem anymore.

Thanks for your help.

Have a great day :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 28, 2018

Just to clarify:

what do you mean by "table project"? DO I need the ID of the issue or the ID of the project? What do you mean by "get the ID for that row"

You need to look in the database for a table called "project".  That contains several columns, of which you need to look at ID and PKEY.  Find the project key in PKEY and note the ID for that row.

Then read jiraissue, using the noted ID for the project column.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nisha Hajamohideen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2018

As you seem to have problem accessing issues from the same project, please check the permission scheme and confirm that you have access to view the ticket in that project.

I cannot provide the proof of the issue that disappear, because it doesn't exist in the navigator anymore, but I can provide the permission helper for another issue from tthis project:

Zrzut ekranu 2018-02-27 17.33.12.pngZrzut ekranu 2018-02-27 17.32.50.pngZrzut ekranu 2018-02-27 17.32.33.pngZrzut ekranu 2018-02-27 17.32.16.png

Nisha Hajamohideen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2018

Does the project have security scheme?

No, it does not. I have no such option in my instance in Jira:

Project Details:
Zrzut ekranu 2018-02-27 17.55.46.png

Jira Administrator Seetings Menu:

Zrzut ekranu 2018-02-27 17.54.05.png

Only Security I found is in Project configurations and it's called "Issue Security". But it has nothing specified.

Zrzut ekranu 2018-02-27 17.54.48.png

Nisha Hajamohideen
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2018

My guess is:

1.  someone has deleted the issue.

2.  This ticket has been moved by someone to another project where you d not have access.

Neither of them, I'm afraid.

Issues haven't been touched until today when some people noticed they can't view them.

Maybe someone can't make a mistake on one issue. If there are 5 issues in the same project with basically the same situation it's impossible for all of them to be deleted.

I am a system administrator - I have an access to all existing projects.

I am facing this situation for the first time - when I cannot access the issue. I am the first person who usually has an access to an issue.

@Nisha Hajamohideen I've check jira access logs today.

And I found that all the tasks has been deleted by one person.

So it is not a problem anymore.

Thanks for your help.

Have a great day :)

Suggest an answer