I don't use dev license

Maxim Semenov July 31, 2017

Hello, i try add developer license to my Jira.

Before add system ask error: "Unknown error occured An unknown error occured, please contact support."

Screenshot:

2017-07-31_13-18-35.png

What's problems?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

Does that error happen when you click "Next", or is it there when you get to the screen?

What does the log file say when you trigger the error?

2017-07-31_13-28-17.png

where see log file?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

Its in <jira home>/logs by default.  I'd expect atlassian-jira.log to be the one the error goes into.

/opt/atlassian/jira/logs/atlassian-jira-gc-2017-07-31_19-58-59.log.0.current

2017-07-31T20:45:37.924+0300: 2798.413: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 156673K->10473K(197632K)] 413949K->270267K(697344K), 0.0322499 secs] [Times: user=0.05 sys=0.00, real=0.03 secs]

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2017

I'd expect a lot more than that, and something mentioning licencing.

However that error is a "Garbage Collection" error, and that could well be the system failing at the wrong time, or triggered by memory changes as you try to apply the licence.

I'd want to fix that in any case.  What are the memory settings for the service?  (ps -ef | grep -i jira would expose them all on a command line)

catalina.out log: https://yadi.sk/d/gTEUj6He3Lb8va

=== 

[root@host7 logs]# ps -ef | grep -i jira

jira     16280     1  3 19:58 ?        00:02:53 /opt/atlassian/jira/jre//bin/java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/opt/atlassian/jira/conf/logging.properties -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager -Xms384m -Xmx768m -Djava.awt.headless=true -Datlassian.standalone=JIRA -Dorg.apache.jasper.runtime.BodyContentImpl.LIMIT_BUFFER=true -Dmail.mime.decodeparameters=true -Dorg.dom4j.factory=com.atlassian.core.xml.InterningDocumentFactory -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -Datlassian.plugins.startup.options= -Djdk.tls.ephemeralDHKeySize=2048 -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=org.apache.catalina.webresources -Xloggc:/opt/atlassian/jira/logs/atlassian-jira-gc-%t.log -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation -XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=5 -XX:GCLogFileSize=20M -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:+PrintGCCause -classpath /opt/atlassian/jira/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/atlassian/jira/bin/tomcat-juli.jar -Dcatalina.base=/opt/atlassian/jira -Dcatalina.home=/opt/atlassian/jira -Djava.io.tmpdir=/opt/atlassian/jira/temp org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start

root     17093   617  0 21:13 pts/0    00:00:00 grep --color=auto -i jira

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2017

Hmm, those look ok to me.  We could go into that a lot more, but it may be a red-herring too. 

Could you look at the log file again and look for the errors that occur when you are clicking "next" on the licence screen?

Maxim Semenov August 1, 2017
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2017

Well, that's a far more interesting error, and would explain it all, it means your database connection is broken.

Check the credentials and database settings are correct and that your user has full database access.

Suggest an answer