I don't see the option to associate notification scheme

Jonathan Cothran May 24, 2022

I was able to change the notification scheme associated with one jira project (default notification scheme was previously associated). 

On a different project I don't see a notification scheme associated or the option. Is it because I'm not the owner/lead for that jira project?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2022

Hi Jonathan - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What type of project is the new one? It's not because you are the owner/lead. There is something else. 

Jonathan Cothran June 1, 2022

It is a software project. The other project that had an associated notification scheme was also. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

Is it a Team-managed or Company-managed project? 

What steps are you taking to find the scheme? 

I click project settings then notifications. It is a team managed project.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2022

So, when you click on Project Settings, you should see an option for Notifications. You don't see that? 

If you don't can you send what you see?screenshot.png

Yes, when I navigate to Notifications (as shown in your image) it doesn't show a notification scheme section. 

image.png

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2022

This is what I see when I go there.

screenshot.png

You should have the Add notification option. 

If not, check the Access link to see if you are an Administrator for the project. 

One other note - since it is Team-managed, you will not see a "scheme" as those types of projects using a different method for notifications. 

That allows me to add a notification but not a scheme. Looking now, the other project that gives me the actions I'm looking for is company managed project. I think that is the difference.

image.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2022

Yes, see my edited comment  above - Team-managed projects do not have schemes. 

Like Jonathan Cothran likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events