I don't see 'impeded' status for my Epic. How can I add it?

Anna Kouznetsova September 20, 2017

I would like to add statuses to my Epic which are currently not in the list. What rights do I need to have as a user and how can I do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2017

Depends on a few things:

• In JIRA 7.3 and later, if you're a project admin and the workflow is only used in that one project and not shared with any other projects, you should be able to add this status to the workflow. NOTE: you can only add the status if it already exists in JIRA. I also believe the project must be using a simplified workflow, but I could be wrong about that.
  • A JIRA admin can update the workflow and add the new status.

If you don't have either of those permissions, I would figure out who your JIRA admin is and see if they can either give you the proper access or make the changes for you.

Prem Chudzinski _extensi_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 20, 2017

And if you want to see the statuses on the list you have o use a plugin 42. EpicStatus.png

Suggest an answer