I do not see any more the library of the attachment that were attached to the stories

Julia Gulnik March 31, 2021

Previously I can see the library of attached files to the stories so I shouldn't upload one more time the attachment that was already attached in Jira. But now I should everu time upload files from my computer. 

I don't know what happened, I'm a site admin.

What can be done?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Earlier, when I press "Attach" or Image icon to attach files and images to the story before uploading the image from my PC I saw the list of all attachments that were attached previously to all the stories (I could edit it, mark with rectangle, put arrows and so on), but now I do not see this opportunity, I just should to upload the photo from my PC again and again even if the same photo was already attached to another story.

Owen Wallis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2021

Hi @Julia Gulnik

This is due to https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Updates-to-your-file-uploading-experiences/ba-p/1592157

The view for previously attached files, and thus the annotations tool has been removed.

I'd be very interested to talk through your use cases around annotating files as I am thinking about bringing back that specific feature in the future. If timezones work (I am in Sydney) you can find a time with me here https://calendly.com/owallis

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2021

Hi Julia, welcome to the Community. Can you help me better understand your issue? Can you show me an image of an issue that is known to have attachments? Maybe you can simply create a test issue and add a couple of attachment and take a screenshot of the detailed issue view. Below is what I see as an example.

ADA1B0B3-45B7-48B2-BCD5-BE9F8AB7C466.jpeg

I meant that I do not see this screen when I want to attach file.

attachment.JPG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events