I do not receive email notifications

Julia Gulnik July 7, 2021

I do not receive email notifications (I put a tick in all the options in the settings "Someone mentioned you" "You are watching the issue" etc) nothing happened. 

I use gmail. The messages are not in spam or blocked I double checked it.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

What you have done is only half of the story. Notifications are set up per project based on the notification scheme. If you were an admin go into project settings notifications and ensure that you are in a group or role that receives notifications based on the event. 

Yes, I checked it too. I put a single user (me) to every event to receive notifications. And I receive it only in Jira but do not receive emails.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of where you can figure this? Also was this working previously? Have you checked your junk folder?

Yes, junk folder is empty and i do not have any blocked emails.

Here is how the notification scheme looks like:

notif.JPG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 7, 2021

Note if you are making the change you will not receive the notification unless you can figure to receive notifications for all your own updates. have you had someone else create or update an issue?

Yes, developers and QAs update issues, leave comments and I do not receive notifications.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 7, 2021

Maybe have a look here - troubleshoot-notifications-in-jira 

also…

• check the behavior in other projects 
  • are others experiencing this issue? If not that is a clue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events