I created a new scrum board but it isn't showing the active sprints

Allan Pincus March 27, 2019

Hello,  I'm a relative noobie to Jira.  We have an existing scrum board with 4 active sprints.  I i made a copy of the board and made a new board with different filters.  However, the active sprints do not show up on my new board.  There are a couple new issues in there that I want to drag and assign a sprint, but I can't do it.  I must be missing something obvious. Please help.

3 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2019

sprints are associated to a scrum board. So you don't really want/need duplicate scrum boards showing the same sprints. If you create a new scrum board and edit the board's filter to capture the issues you desire then you should have a Backlog. Within the Backlog you can create sprints, drag issues up into the sprint and then start the sprint at which time the Active sprint will have issues in it. So when you say you created a new board my first question is why? what are you trying to achieve? You mention creating different filters, do you mean quick filters or something else.

0 votes
Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2019

We have a similar situation, we created a master board where we do all sprint planning and prioritization. The sprint will show up in the new board once you have added at least one story to that sprint that meets the criteria for the filter. You can do so by either prioritizing in some sort of master board that sees all issues, or like Peter mentioned, you can edit one of the issues to add the sprint in the 'Sprint' field manually.

0 votes
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2019

@Allan Pincus , @Jack Brickey is right on that Sprints are created in specific Board and are managed there. Sprints can show up in another board if the issues pulled in by that board have already been added to that Sprint.  So if you want the issues in your new board to be added to the Sprint in another board, you will need to edit the issue and add the sprint manually.

-pjd

Suggest an answer