I cannot link issues betwwen them with the new JIRA view

Camille PESTEL June 14, 2019

Since the new version deployement I cannot linked issues together. I have the button but it is not working when I click on it. The permissions are ok and when I switch to the new view I can do it.

Did you faced the same issue? Did you solve it?

Thank you for your help.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Camille PESTEL June 20, 2019

The issue has been solved, feature is now available again.

Thanks.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2019

Thank you for letting us know it's solved, Camille.

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2019

Hello Camille,

In my personal Cloud instance, the link issue feature is properly working on both Old and New issue views:

Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 20.59.24.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-17 at 20.58.54.png

That been said, are you using the link button right below the summary of the issue (See red box in the screenshot) or are you using any other way to link issues?

Also, can you please provide us a screenshot of the error returned to you when you try to link it? Additionally, provide us any errors reported in the Javascript console of the browser you are using.

For now, I also recommend you to check if the same problem happens in a different browser and try to clear your cache.

Camille PESTEL June 18, 2019

Hi Petterson,

Thank you for your answer.

* We are using the same link button (screenshot below)

* Actually, there is no error message when we click on this button, it does not happen anything. (If we click on "Add attachment" or "Link a Confluence page" it does work)

* This issue happens in the following 3 browser: Chrome, IE and Firefox

* In the old view, it is still working. We are clicking on the 3 dots at the right of the page and chose "Link" (this feature is not available on the new view)

NEW VIEW

Capture1.JPG

Capture3.JPG

OLD VIEW

capture d’écran 2.png

Capture4.JPG

Jason Parrish September 27, 2019

Was there a fix?  We are having the exact same issue.  We have to use the "old view" to link issues, then switch back to new view.  

Camille PESTEL September 30, 2019

Actually, you need to add the field "Linked issues" to the screen then, you check on Jira global setting that you enable users to link issues and finally you go in your project and verify in the permissions that you enable user to link issue in the project.

It works for us.

Suggest an answer