I cannot add the newly bought license to my jira self-hosted since my shown server id is not valid

Simone Briatore April 2, 2018

Hello,

when I look for the server id of my installation (both with db query and on the jira web page) i get a string in the format 64da73f8-02a3-... It appears the server id is in some hex format, but non ascii character...

Due to this, I cannot reveal my license key on my.atlassian.com since it says "invalid server id"

I also have, on the same machine, a confluence instance running, can I use the confluence server id for the jira license?

What can i do?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shaun S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2018

Hi Simone,

That's certainly strange that your server-ID isn't stored in the expected format. If I may ask, was data imported into your instance from a JIRA Cloud backup? In any case, we can resolve this by assigning a new Server ID in the database. This knowledge base article https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/changing-server-id-for-test-installations-285839562.html outlines the steps to generate the new ID. Once the new ID is set in your production database, it should allow you to reveal the license key on my.atlassian.com. 

Simone Briatore April 4, 2018

Yes, it was imported from the cloud version of Jira, and most probably the problem happened there.
Thanks a lot, I solved generating a new Server ID at the end.

Suggest an answer