I can't make transition of multiple issues

Julian Mendez August 1, 2017

I'm try to use the "Bulk Change" option but the issues that i try to change doesn't change the system don't make the transitions that i need and don't pop up any message of any error

JIRA.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2017

to rule out the obvious here....

are the issue all of the same issue type with the same workflows? if not then bulk change can become a multistep process since the transitions can be different. Can you provide more details about the bulk transaction: issue types, workflows, action being taken?

From the image you posted it appears you are only trying to change 2 items. What I might try, just to figure out what is going on is to try a bulk change of a single item and observe results. Then figure out the next move.

the 2 items its just a example the same happens if a I take more,  the issue type are different and doesnt matter if are the same, the workflow its the same for all the pojects, i did this too many times without a error but not now.

JIRA1.pngJIRA2.pngJIRA3.pngJIRA4.pngJIRA5.pngJIRA6.png

In the images i try with 11 issues but in the screen of the bulk operation the system just show 2

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2017

thanks for the images they help. I have never transitioned multiple issue from Kanban via bulk move but rather simply dragged them. Generally I use the bulk move from an issue query screen. However, I suspect you will see the same results if you attempt there.

I assume if you edit transition each one individually they are successful?

From the images I am assuming the last step never progresses, clicking Refresh = no changes...and that is your point. I have never experienced this issue so my input is limited to ideas of things to try to better understand the cause:

• Kanban - see if you can transition via dragging cards to the new status. I would try indivdual card and multiple cards.
  • Search Results - see if you can bulk move items there

Depending on what the results are I would contact support.

the issues dont change and yes if i make the transition one by one works, if i try the drag the system doesn't permit do this, but i did the bulk change too many times without a error but not now.

i dont know the reason but its important to me do this because i need make transition of around 157 issues

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2017

Does the log file contain any errors?

No, nothing about that

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2017

I doubt that, although they are hard to read.

Anyway, what does the issue history say for the issues that have not been transitioned?

Suggest an answer