I can't find where to see how much storage our project has used

Stefannie Tan May 30, 2022

I can't find it under the product settings on Jira cloud...? Help!

3 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2022

voted!

Carlos Ramirez January 23, 2024

Thank you @Stefannie Tan

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2022

Hi @Stefannie Tan ,

There is no way to find out the storage used by each individual project out of the box in Jira.

But you can Identify overall storage used by your site. Atlassian has wonderful document on it.

Note: To access the settings you need to have Organization Admin Access.

Cheers,
Mayur

thanks, mayur! i'll check it out.

Like Mayur Jadhav likes this
Carlos Ramirez December 18, 2023

Thats to bad, this would be nice to have

1 vote
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 30, 2022

Hi @Stefannie Tan

if you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you might like the app that my team is working on: JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing (and where it makes sense, inline-editing) all your issue fields, plus a number of "special fields" that aren't otherwise available. One of these special fields is the attachments size of an issue. You can also group issues by any issue field - e.g., by project - and calculate "sum ups" across these groups. 

This way, you can easily view the overall size of attachments per project (or any other group of issues, really). This is how it looks in action:

attachments-size.gif

This clip shows only small data set, but JXL can load any number of issues. As you can see, you can also sort and filter by the attachments size, so it's easy to identify issues with huge attachments, etc.

(It's worth noting that JXL can do much more than that: From inline editing to inline issue creation, to support for issue hierarchies and custom issue structures, to native integration with many other apps.)

Hope this helps,

Best,

Hannes

Hitesh Paliwal January 18, 2024

helpful information

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin