I can't find the option "add a epic" in a opened issue?What I have to do?

Thallyta Cristina Pedroso June 13, 2019

I was traing to add a epic in a opened issue, but when I cliked on (...) I couldn't find "add a epic" as option.

There is anything change in a Jira software or there is a bug with my user account?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2019

Hi Thallyta - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Are you using Server or Cloud? 

Also, remember that you can always create an Epic by clicking on the Create Issue icon. The choose Epic for the Issue Type. An Epic is just another type of issue and can be created in the same manner. 

Thallyta Cristina Pedroso June 13, 2019

Hi John.

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm using cloud. When I try to add an epic in opened issue I can't find the option "aad an epic".

epic change.JPG

I was adding an epic in an opened issue before, but I can't do it anymore.

I don't know how to do it again

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2019

Have you tried the Change issue parent option? I think they may have just done a name change. I don't use Sprints so I can't directly check. 

But I would suggest you give that a try. 

Thallyta Cristina Pedroso June 18, 2019

It's work. Thank you for your help ;)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 18, 2019

Great! Glad it worked  :-)

Suggest an answer