I can't access to the "View all projects" screen

Hızır Bilişim December 19, 2019

Hello,

Question itself is pretty self explanatory. Whenever I try to access view all projects screen, I get an error saying "Oops - an error has occured"

We are just starting to use Jira as a company, we tried deleting and redownloading Jira a couple of times on few different systems, but evet just after we set it up, we still get the same error.

Any help is appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Zita Bagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2019

Hi, do you have administrator access? Do your colleagues have the same problem? Do they have admin access? Have you maybe edited a global permission scheme?

Hızır Bilişim December 20, 2019

Hi, I do have administrator access and all of my colleagues have the same issue. We downloaded and reinstalled Jira from scratch and the issue still persists on a freshly installed Jira. 

Zita Bagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2019

If you create a project, and have access to the project itself, you should be able to search for it using the Search field in the top right corner. Does that work?

Yes that field does work, as you said I have access to the project itself and there are no problems about the workflows, the issues etc. This isn't a critical problem, but a minor inconvenience, I just found it weird not being able to access a menu even on a freshly installed Jira, and I thought this issue may give birth to some other bigger problems later on, so I should figure this out as soon as possible. We are still using the trial version by the way, would that effect any of the functionalities?

Zita Bagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2019

If the permissions are really ok, this might be caused by some setting on the server, some customization, I wouldn't be able to tell, I have never had server access so far. I'd suggest contacting the vendor, Atlassian Support, they provide support even if you have a trial version.

Zita Bagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2019

Will do, thank you for your help!

And I did find that other topic as well, but sadly it wasn't really useful for me, since it wasn't exactly the same problem.

Suggest an answer