I am not seeing Estimate for issuetype of bugs in Greenhopper.

Rick Carini February 5, 2013

We are using GH 6.1.2 and while I see the Remaining times showing up in the Detail View for a bug, I am not seeing the Estimating (Original Estimate) field showing up in neither the Detail View nor in the Sprints in the Sprint/Backlog view of the Planning Board (Scrum).

According to the documentation here, https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Estimating+an+Issue I should be able to see them:

But, while I do see the Story Estimate, I am not seeing it for the Bug as seen in the download from the documentaiton listed above.

There are valid values in the Original Estimate field, because I do know that if there are no values, the field is not shown.

Thanks!

Rick

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rick Carini February 5, 2013

So, by setting the Estimation Statistic in the Estimation tab of my Scrum Board configuration to "Story Points" - confirming that I still do not have anything showing up in the Bug details.

Then going back and setting "Estimation Statistic" to "Original Time Estimate", and then setting "Time Tracking" to "Remaining Estimate and Time Spent", I am now able to see my Estimates.

Not sure if this just reset the numbers, or which step did it, but I am working now.

Hopefully this will help others, if they find they are in a similar situation (and perhaps it might point Atlassian towards a bug - unless this is just a user error on my part (sigh) ;) ).

Thanks anyway!

Rick

Suggest an answer