I am not able to attach files to stories.

Agustín Caragunis March 20, 2024

When I create a new story (bug/feature), Jira does not allow me to add attachments. The attachement button does nothing. It is not happening to everyone in the team, just 1 person here. Does anyone know what could be happening?

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2024

Hello @Agustín Caragunis 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Your post tags indicate you are on the Free subscription. Is that correct? If so, Free subscriptions don't allow customizing permissions, so it would not be a permissions issue.

Has the one user tried using a different browser application or using a private browser window (like Chrome Incognito)?

Agustín Caragunis March 20, 2024

Hi @Trudy thanks for your response. No, the subscription is a paid one, so it is not a free account. And the weird thing is that it only happens to one of our users, not more than him. Do you know what could be happening?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2024

Hello @Agustín Caragunis 

I recommend that you check the permissions for the project, and confirm that the user has the Create Attachments permission.

Are you working with a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project? The method for checking permissions differs between those types of projects.

Agustín Caragunis March 21, 2024

Hi @Trudy Claspill thanks again! Fortunately, we fixed that one. I appreciate your kind response!

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2024

Can you share with us the solution you implemented? Your solution may help other people who encounter the same problem and search the community for help.

Like Agustín Caragunis likes this
Agustín Caragunis March 21, 2024

It was nothing related to Jira, but with my colleague's browser. He needed to clean the cache and that fixed the issue. It seems obvious, but in the end fixed it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events