I am not able to access jira when i connect laptop with my mobile hotspot,keeps on loading.

Payal Baisoya December 22, 2021

On connecting with wifi, it works. Please suggest a resolution.

3 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2022

Hi @Payal Baisoya  - I assume you got this working? 

zoheb.mamoo January 17, 2023

Hi @John Funk I face the same issue with jira while using my mobile network. Everything else in the internet works including Atlassian products like confluence and bitbucket.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2023

I agree with Nic's comment below. If it's working with WiFi but not your hotspot then your mobile company is probably blocking something with the hotspot. You might contact them to see if there are details about that. 

I just tried it again on my laptop with my mobile hotspot and it worked fine.

0 votes
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 22, 2021

Hello @Payal Baisoya 

First what Nic said could be the cause.

Secon thought that crosses my mind, maybe your Atlassian site has IP allowlisting?  When you say wifi you mean at home or in the office?

Your site cloud have extra security, it is explained  here 

https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/specify-ip-addresses-for-product-access/

Are you a site admin? If you aren't please contact him to check if your site has IP allowlisting.

BR, Olga

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 22, 2021

It's probably not white/blacklisting - they will give you a "can't connect at all" error message pretty much instantly.

But it absolutely is worth checking.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 22, 2021

Welcome to the Community!

Your mobile hotspot has something wrong with it, if the load works ok over wifi

Suggest an answer