I am having issues to setup JIRA on own server

Nanovise Admin November 6, 2017

I am unable to setup Jira software on my own server. Installation fails and login even fails after a long time.

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2017

Resources should not be an issue here. 

I'd recommend setting it to use 1Gb RAM max (768Mb maximum if you are short of memory), and put the index on local storage, NOT shared.  That config will handle 25 users quite happily.

I think we need to see the logs of errors and freezes,

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2017

Hi Nanovise,

Can you let us know exactly what problem you're having with installation? You mentioned you cannot install it yet you're able to attempt to login? Do you receive any error messages?

Please also have a look at the Jira server logs and let us know what errors you see when you attempt the installation or login.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Nanovise Admin November 9, 2017

Can you please tell me what minimum hardware requirements I need to have to run Jira on a VM/Server for 3-5 users? As my Jira installation doesn’t seem to work very well or respond. Thanks.

Suggest an answer