I am currently using JIRA 4.4.3. Will enabling Greenhopper prevent me from using JIRA the way I have been using it?

Mark Indictor March 3, 2013

In other words, I would like to use Greenhopper, but I have a very large project that is using JIRA 4.4.3 without Greenhopper, and I do not want to jeopardize progress before I "pull-the-switch" to an Agile workflow. In other words, I would like to experiment with Greenhopper on my existing JIRA database while preserving the existing interface. Is this possible?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2013

Yes, you can enable greenhopper on a project-by-project basis. Install it and enable it only for project "my greenhopper test"

On top of that, even if you have a project that your developers use exclusively with GH, other users can carry on using Jira with it normally. (This changes in later versions - sprints, epics and simplified-workflows make using it in vanilla Jira a lot harder, and you'll find you have to dip into GH)

Suggest an answer