I alreday configure outgoiong mail server. still can not send mail from JIRA. show authentica error.

ranacse November 26, 2017

My configutaion.outgoign mail.png

then when click "Test Connection"..it show successful. but when try to send email show below error.

outgoign mail.png

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2017

Hi Saifur,

I would enable Less Secure Apps, per this documentation:

AuthenticationFailedException when connecting to Gmail as SMTP server

If that does not work, please try port 587 instead of 465 for TLS, and failing that, I would recommend placing your username in the Optional section under the SMTP settings.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Shannon

ranacse December 2, 2017

Hi Shannon,

Sorry for late reply. i tried to change port. still can not send mail. but when i click "Test Connection", it show connection successful.

JIRA-1.png

Is need to put Username or need use "Change Passowrd"? if need, then which username need to put?

Please suggest.

Thanks

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2017

Hi Saifur,

I set up Gmail on my instance and these are my current settings using Gmail SMTP that does seem to work when I send a test email:

Screen Shot 2017-12-02 at 2.15.16 PM.pngThis is as I've edited mine to work, so maybe it will help you too?

I WOULD DEFINITELY still make sure you have use less secure apps set on from the Google post I sent you, however, since this is what they recommend to do to fix the problem.

Shannon

ranacse December 2, 2017

Hi Shannon,

its working now. Thanks Again.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
December 2, 2017

Happy to hear!

Have a pleasant weekend.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer