I Found an Automatically Flagged Issue in my Jira Board - How Can I Prevent This?

Asaad Jaber February 23, 2024

When I visited my Jira board, I found an issue that was flagged by itself. I expect to not see issues being flagged automatically, but rather only to be flagged when I flag them.

How can I prevent issues from automatically flagging themselves?

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2024

Hi @Asaad Jaber -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There is nothing out-of-the-box for Jira to automatically flag issues.

Perhaps an automation rule or other feature has done this.  When you examine the issue's change history, what does that indicate set the flag?

Kind regards,
Bill

Asaad Jaber February 24, 2024

The History of the issue shows this: "Asaad Jaber updated the Flagged January 29, 2024 at 10:54 AM None -> Impediment". However, since I did not change the flag myself that is why I suggested this happened automatically.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2024

Please check if you have any automation rules in the project, and enabled, or if there are any workflow actions which could set the field.

To help identify the cause, please post an image of the issue's change history.  That will show what you were doing when the flag was enabled, and so help you to identify the if a specific rule or workflow action did this.

Asaad Jaber February 26, 2024

Hi, there are currently no automation rules in the project which could set the field.

I posted a screenshot of the issue's change history:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18VqZCFlar2FJykRqPRh2AiaeipUnJvmr/view?usp=drive_link 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2024

Would you please post that image with your response, rather than on the Google drive?

Have you checked if there are any workflow actions setting the field?

How about any global scope automation rules (rather than just in the project)?

Asaad Jaber February 27, 2024

Hi @Bill Sheboy , I added the screenshot with my response. I checked if there any workflow actions and there are none.

There are also no global scope automation rules.

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 12.23.51.png

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2024

That is puzzling...

In the change history, please hover your cursor over each date / time entry for those changes at 10:54 AM on 29 January to learn how close together they are in time.  If they are the same time, or just a few seconds apart, something automated is definitely performing the change.

Do you recall which actions you performed manually: the assignment to yourself, the transition, or both?

Do you have any marketplace addons / apps which may be making the change?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events