I Can't assign a new user permission to any proyects... it is because he has not logged in yet??

Paula Remez December 11, 2020

I Can't assign a new user permission to any proyects... it is because he has not logged in yet??

I used to give users permissions on projecto even if they didn't logged in for first time, but it was impossible to do that today. Is there any reason why I can't add this new user? Thanks a lot.

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2020

Hi Paula,

Make sure the user is included in the Assignable User permission in the Permission Scheme for that Project. If might also be that it won't allow it if the user has NEVER logged in yet. But I have never run into that scenario. 

Has Jira changed the way to manage permissions? We didn¿t change anything on our proyects, and we've always assigned people to proyects even if they haven' loggen in yet... until today.... 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2020

Is the person not showing up when you click on the Add People button?

No, it is not showing up ...

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 11, 2020

Just the person? Are others showing up? Can you see the Add people button? 

It should look like this: 

screenshot.png

Do you not see that? If not, can you share what you see? 

I see the Add people button. But it doesn't show any of the new users I've added today. I tested with a persnal e-mail, and after have logged in for the first time, and user is not shown in the add people box. I

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events