Huge issue

Gregory Kremer June 23, 2022

Hey everyone.

Something very disturbing happened earlier today with our Cloud JIRA. A large amount of duplicate issues were created in several projects without human participation. Furthermore, they all were created with the "To Do" status, regardless of the status of the original issue. Atlassian tech support confirmed that this issue affected more than only my company. The supposed problem is related to the Incoming Mailer, that for some reason created duplicates. I am still waiting for additional information. It is very unsettling that something like that could actually happen. That screwed up a lot of my users, not to mentioned their metrics, reports, etc.. Has anyone experienced the same problem today or in the past? In any case, Atlassian has a huge question to answer.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matthew Lucarelli June 23, 2022

This also happened to me this morning 6/23/22 at 2:46am Central. I came on here to see if anyone else reported it. 

Sucked because I didn't catch it right away and we started duplicating work.....

Gregory Kremer June 27, 2022

Atlassian admitted that this problem was introduced by the new code release. They issued a half-baked fixed where duplicate issues would be prefixed with "Duplicate". No formal apology was issued. What a shame - they made so much extra work for us. In a "normal" world, they should forgo June charges for the affected organizations. 

Like Matthew Lucarelli likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events