How to write two different issues in Two different Kanban Boards in one project?

Marcin Szarek September 7, 2017

Hi, 

How to write two different issues in Two different Kanban Boards in one project?

Right now, When I have created two different Kanban boards (in 1 project), and 

I describe the issue in one board, it shows automatically in the second board as well.

I want to have written separated issues in first Kanban board and separated issues in second Kanban board. 

How to do it?

Many thanks

7 answers

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2017

You can use any sort of granularity between the two issues.

This may be a customfield called Team, you could filter based on Component = SomeValue, things like that.

0 votes
Marcin Szarek September 8, 2017

Hi Guys, thanks a lot for help. We did it. Labels solved my problems.
Now I can differentiate it, so I can have 3 different kanban boards and each kanban bord has own issues ( thanks to label filter).
Thanks a lot for your support and for the great teamwork.
I really appreciate it. 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2017

Marcin, if you share the filters from your boards I'm sure we can assist. Basically if you have three projects and three guys and you want them to have their own kanban the filter should simply be Project = A, Project = B, Project = C. Of course you can add more details to get precisely what you want. If we see the current filter we can point out why you are getting the undesirable results.

0 votes

Sorry, simpler:  I have 2 Kanbanboards and when I create issue it automatically shows in 2 Kanbanboards and I don't want that. 
I want to create issue only on first Kanbanboard and second issue on second Kanban board. Any Ideas?

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2017

Back to my and Steven's answer. Kanbanboard 1 filter includes AND labels = xxx and Kanbanboard 2 filter includes AND labels = yyy. Then each issue that you want to show on Kanbanboard 1, set it's label to xxx and each issue that you want to show on Kanbanboard 2, set it's label to yyy.

The same method can be used with Component if you prefer.

Replace xxx and yyy with meaningful names.

I hope this helps

Warren

Thanks, we are moving forward.
I have labelled issues differently but where can I setup these
board filters. I have viewed board settings but I could not find filters to set up. There is : qucik filters, but how to place there 
filters that filter based on labels.? Any ideas. 

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2017

From Board settings, choose General. Then there's an Edit Filter Query link which allow you to change the filter - remember to save it when finished

0 votes

Hi Guys, I think i over-complicated it.

I have 3 guys in one team: 
1 guy working for project A
1 guy working for project B
1 guy working for project C

and I want to have that each of them has a separated Kanbanboard and can create separated issue on own Kanban board. 

Righ now I have 3 separated Kanban board, but issue are common ( the same issues on every bord) and  want issues from project A on first Kanbanboard. Issues from project B on second Kanbanboard and issues
from  project C on a third Kanban baord.

I hope it looks clearer now. Can you please help me with it?

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2017

Now you've confused me. How can you have 1 issue that is common to 3 projects? When you create an issue, the very first dropdown is project.

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2017

Hi Marcin

I think I get what you're asking - as Steven said, use Component or labels to set a unique value for each board, then make sure that the board filter includes that as well

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2017

Hmmm, i'm totaly lost on the question here...so go with what @Steven F Behnke says because he has a clue! LOL

Suggest an answer