• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • How to use Scrum with Greenhopper Rapid Board? Why is the Scrum option disabled on Rapid Board? From which version of Greenhopper do we have Scrum option for Rapidboard?

How to use Scrum with Greenhopper Rapid Board? Why is the Scrum option disabled on Rapid Board? From which version of Greenhopper do we have Scrum option for Rapidboard?

Ruchi Tandon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2012

These are the 3 questions asked at the Unite Event by some customers:

1. How to use Scrum with Greenhopper Rapid Board?
  2. Why is the Scrum option disabled on Rapid Board?
  3. From which version of Greenhopper do we have Scrum option for Rapidboard?

3 answers

1 vote
Ruchi Tandon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2012
  1. Here is a documentation on using Greenhopper for Scrum.
  2. The Scrum option is currently under labs in Greenhopper. If you would like to use this option, please go to Administration->General Configuration-> Greenhopper Labs-> Scrum for Rapid Board and check the checkbox.
  3. Scrum on Greenhopper Rapidboard is available from Greenhopper version 5.8.7 onwards. Please note, that this is still under testing.
0 votes
grant luna April 30, 2012

Also, I have determined that existing rapid boards need to be re-created as a "scrum" type rapid board in order for the Plan button to appear after upgrading to Greenhopper 5.9.x.

(I was struggling to determine why the "plan" button outlined in the greenhopper 5.9.x user guide wasn't appearing for me. I finally determined that I needed to create a new "scrum" rapid board).

Hope this helps,

Grant

0 votes
Brad Baker [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2012

Just to clarify Ruchis answer there about Scrum being still under testing.

We are actively building out the next generation of Scrum support and hence it will change as we do that. We are currently aiming to deliver frequent releases of the new Scrum functionality and are actively seeking feedback on its shape and feel so that we can get it out of Labs as soon as possible.

As a "Labs" feature we will preserve all the data your create without loss. However we reserve the right to fundamentally change the way we present that data in Scrum terms. This is why is labled as "In Labs"

fx_bayu_c_raharjo May 28, 2012

... "we can get it out of Labs as soon as possible"

When will this be available exactly or (at least) approximately? Don't you have a target date?

Suggest an answer