How to upgrade from trial period to paid ?

OlefirenkoK January 31, 2021

Hi.

I am new to Jira Cloud. 

Our company bought "Jira Software" standard plan. 

In billing page I view "Jira Software FREE TRIAL".

After few hours work with jira I found notification

"

Email notifications are off until 01/Feb/21

You've sent the maximum number of notifications in 12 hours for your plan. This limitation will be removed when you move to Standard/Premium (paid) plan after your evaluation period.

"

How can we upgrade free trial plan to paid .

Could you help us ? We really need this functionality .

6 answers

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2021

Hi @OlefirenkoK 

You can manage your subscription via your Admin settings:

1. On Jira, go to the cog icon in the top-right corner
  2. Press it, and select Billing
  3. On the left-hand menu in the next screen, select Manage Subscriptions
  4. In the list locate Jira Software (or Jira Core if you don't have JSW) and next to "Free" press the hyperlink Change
  5. Follow the instructions to upgrade to a paid plan

You can also manage other products - like Confluence, Service Management, etc - from this screen.

Ste

@Stephen Wright _Elabor8_  thank you very much.

Снимок экрана 2021-02-01 в 00.46.11.png

Sorry, but I didn't see any instructions after press "Change" button. 

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2021

Hi @OlefirenkoK 

I'm not so sure after re-reading your scenario above; I think it would be best to contact https://support.atlassian.com/ and request their assistance.

Ste

0 votes
Gary Jackson October 15, 2022

Same issue here - anyone find a solution or did you have to go through Support?

Thanks in advance

0 votes
Chris Soukup October 3, 2022

Currently I'm in the same situation. I migrated our Jira server to the cloud because of the recent user-count-upgrade limitations. We actually got a 1-year free trial with the same user count but I need to add more users.

I tried to delete the trial subscription but then my whole Jira cloud instance got deleted - so don't try this since it's ceratinly not the way to go. I contacted the support to get an advice (and waiting since it was weekend when I run the migration).

I suppose it will probably work like: remove product from the main user group to get the user count down. Change to a basic plan. Then change to a standard plan. Add the product back to the user group (simillar to "turn it off and back on then check if it works")

This method seems awkward but it's also awkward that they didn't implement a "change from trial to paid" option. I'm sure there are many other people who need to change the trial to paid before the trial ends.

Gary Jackson October 15, 2022

Did you find a working solution to this?  I am in exactly the same situation - weekend migration to cloud but now I cant get the full Jira subscription as its looks like its locked to the free trial and no way to change it. Frustrating as support dont seem to work over the weekend at Atlassian.

0 votes
Peter Koutromanos June 13, 2022

Same issue

0 votes
Justin Boykin August 16, 2021

Just wanted to add to this thread we've experienced the exact same scenario with email notification limitations and we're limited by the DMARC verification for email requests which the documentation says goes away with the standard plan. We've entered the billing CC info and upgraded to the standard plan, but it seems that it doesn't really start until the 30 day period ends. We've filed a support ticket to see what can be done. 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 31, 2021

Go into admin > billing > manage subscriptions and you should be able to change your plan.

@Jack Brickey  thanks. I see the next

Снимок экрана 2021-02-01 в 00.30.15.png

> Change 

Снимок экрана 2021-02-01 в 00.31.16.png

As I understood we already on Standard plan, but in trial period.
According to the notification above , we should use paid plan to get unlimit emails notifications.

My main question: How to terminate trial period and force start paid ?

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 31, 2021

I have never upgraded fro free as it wasn’t free when I signed up. It seems that your trial is still in effect and I agree with Stephen to contact support (billing center) for assistance. What I find interesting is that you have 135 users which I would not have thought possible in free trial. 

Riaan Schutte November 1, 2021

We have the same problem!

No way to end the trial and go straight to paid plan in order for emails not to be limited.

Like Gary Jackson likes this
Bianca November 12, 2021

Same problem here. No option to force to use the paid plan.

Julian Bradler December 8, 2021

Same here and support is not replying.

Jérémy IELSCH March 7, 2022

Hello, I'm facing the same issue, did you get any help?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD Trial
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events