How to update Jira License key directly on the jira.service server

Olajide February 1, 2021

We have a problem with the Application tab on Jira. It is timing out and so we are unable to update the license.

Because license key is ablout to expire we need to update it ASAP. Is there a way to update the new license directly on the server hosting the Jira service, if so can the steps the shared.

Regards

Ola

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

Hi @Olajide , 

you should be able to update the license key directly in your database : https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/manage-jira-server-license-using-database-queries-441746313.html

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

0 votes
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2021

Hi Olajide,

The license is held in the database and dbconfig.xml. Updating the license in both places should do it. Make sure the app is down when you make the changes.

The Application tab timeout is a problem that should be addressed and not bypassed. I recommend you address the tab and then update the license via the UI. Cheers!

Olajide February 1, 2021

Thanks Joshua, looks like only database credentials are stored in dbconfig.xml. Unless I am mistaken.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2021

@Olajidefor Jira your observation is true - license is stored in the database.

Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2021

Thank you both! I must be thinking of Confluence. Cheers!

Suggest an answer