How to unlink a RFC from the inital RFC

lmuruganandam
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 29, 2024

Hi I have created one RFC then cloned and created a new RFC and it got automatically linked. Now i the initial RFC is resolved and we need to close it. But if we do so will the RFC linked to it also be closed? how to unlink the RFC 

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 29, 2024

Hi @lmuruganandam and welcome to the Community!

If you did not define any automation rule to automatically close linked tickets, then nothing will happen to your cloned ticket. Cloning is nothing more than creating a new ticket with the same information on it that was in the original ticket. Jira does indeed add a cloned link between the two issues, but this has no other purpose or effect than letting you know where the ticket was originally copied from.

From the linked issues section of either issue, you can just delete the link. It will just remove that link, without any other impact on both issues. They will continue to exist as separate issues.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events