How to structure the information in JIRA to obtain a portfolio?

Wilmer Fernandez May 29, 2019

Hello

good afternoon

I have many doubts and questions to ask

1 when renewing my license how long of support?

2 when renewing my lecture I can upgrade my applications jira sofware, jira service desk, jira confluence, jira bitbucket. without having to acquire a new license?

3 Is there a documented method to make the upgarde of the applications and that it is easy to understand?

4 can you pay support separately with you? What is the cost?

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2019

Hi Wilmer,

Welcome to the community and thanks for reaching out, any question is worth asking so no worries.

For your first question:

when renewing my license how long of support?

A Jira server license is perpetual (meaning once installed it will keep running without having to acquire a new license) and the License renewals covers a year of Maintenance/Support plus upgrades to a newer version of the application, and a full detailed break down on the costs and terms can be found in the licensing Documentation here:

For question 2:

when renewing my lecture I can upgrade my applications jira sofware, jira service desk, jira confluence, jira bitbucket. without having to acquire a new license?

Yes, License renewal is separate from the license keys, you can keep the same license Key on the application and upgrade to newer versions without having to change the license.  When a software maintenance period expires and you will no longer be able to receive technical support or software updates however you can still Upgrade the application after the license expires to the latest version of the application released before your license period ended.

Question 3:

Is there a documented method to make the upgarde of the applications and that it is easy to understand?

We have a lot of documentation for upgrading, and you will want to look at the versions of the applications and individualized setup (EXE database type) for some of the specific steps but we have the following guides to help you make an informed decision on the steps to take for the applications you noted in question 2:

And your last questions:

can you pay support separately with you? What is the cost?

Atlassian Support is tied to the maintenance renewal of the application and a detailed breakdown of what is covered by the maintenance agreement can be seen in the Atlasssian Support Offering then if you need any additional assistance beyond what is offered by atlassian such as Resource planning or professional services like performing an upgrade on your behalf you can reach out to an Atlassian Expert partner company that offer additional levels of support and consulting services, and you can also always ask a question here on community for clarification.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer