How to stop Drag & Drop attachements to auto create !thumbnail! in description

Sagi Koren January 9, 2018

When creating a new story in Jira I drag & drop images into the story.

Whenever I do, it automatically adds !thumbnail! inside the text and then I have to select it and delete it because it messes up the text (and I don't need it).

Any way to cancel this?

1 answer

0 votes
Gabriel Senna
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2018

Hi Sagi,

If you don't drag and drop it inside the text field, it shouldn't add the !thumbnail!, it will only add it to the issue.

Otherwise, I'm going to need additional information, to help you.

Are you the only user facing this issue?

Could you please send me the console errors that show in your browser?

With this information, I should be able to better help you.

Sagi Koren March 11, 2018

Hi Gabriel,

As long as the cursor is blinking in the text field, it creates the !thumbnail! no matter where I drag&drop.

This is a problem since as I'm creating stories/bugs, I type and during that I attach screenshots and other images - and it always messes up the text.

I think it's pretty easy to test on your side and see what I mean.

Cheers,

Sagi

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2018

Have you tried clicking outside of the text field before dragging and dropping? Click on another non-text field.

Sagi Koren March 13, 2018

Yes but it's impossible to work this way. 

Each time I press outside the text field, it sends notifications to everybody who's watching the story/bug about 'changes in the story' so it just spams them with emails over nothing.

And I drag&drop a lot of times as I write a story so it becomes a mess.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2018

understood. just verifying what i suspected. the reason the thumbnail is there is that text area is in context during the drag drop. I wish I had an idea on a solution but I don't at this point.

Sagi Koren March 14, 2018

Thanks.

I'm hoping for a switch in settings "Don't mess up my text with !thumbnail! when I drag and drop" :)

Cheers,

Sagi

Suggest an answer