How to start a company-managed project on the new JIRA Layout

Joao Borges July 8, 2021

Hi there, 

I am looking for a quick intro on how to create a company-managed project on Jira. It seems like with the new update, new project templates are available. Not really sure which one to use 

Goal is to have multiple projects/boards into 1 MAIN Board. 

I know company-managed can support multiple projects.  The team needs to add a lot of epics for the projects and  then assign multiple tasks for each of these projects.

Thanks,

Joao 

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2021
  1. From the Projects menu select Create Project.
  2. Select the project template category from the list on the left (i.e. Software)
  3. In the list on the right, select from the subset of templates for that category of project (i.e. Kanban).
  4. In the next window, click the Use Template button.
  5. The next window is where you get to select to create a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project.

Note that if you are creating Company Managed projects, the project creation process does not automatically create an agile board for the project, even though you may have selected kanban or scrum earlier in the process. After the project is created, you will have to follow up by creating the board for each project.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events