• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to show epics from another project on my project roadmap?

I have project 'A' set up for my Scrum Team. We are one of many Scrum Teams within a Portfolio structure. Our Epics are created from the Portfolio Board - project 'B' - and my epics have the Team Assigned set to my Scrum Team name so as to differentiate/filter them from other Scrum Team's epics on the Portfolio board.
Is there a way that I can see the project 'B' epics for my team on my project 'A' roadmap or can I understandably only see those epics created under my own project 'B' on my roadmap?

Thanks in advance! :)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stuart C Community Leader Jan 26, 2021

Hi @David Anderson 

In a project roadmap you can only see issues from that project. If you're on the Premium plan then you get access to Advanced Roadmaps - a different product (formerly Portfolio but now integrated into Jira Premium) which will allow you to arrange multiple projects/boards/filters in one view. It's pretty good, but at an added cost. There is a bit more info here

I thought that would be the case. Thanks for the answer and the tip on the Advanced Roadmap - much appreciated.

Like Stuart C likes this
Stuart C Community Leader Jan 27, 2021

You're welcome

Hi

Do you know of a good marketplace app that will allow the same ? we are not the premium plan 

Thanks 

Daffy 

Stuart C Community Leader Feb 08, 2021

There's quite a few, eazyBI, BigGantt, Aha! Roadmaps to name a few.

You can see how many downloads they've had, look at reviews and see ratings on the marketplace. It's worth going for one that is supported and where they have been through the Atlassian security review

@Stuart C Thanks ! do you happen to know which of them enables the roadmap within Jira ? i researched a few and the consolidated roadmap is being created in the app it self our side of jira 

Stuart C Community Leader Feb 09, 2021

Hi @Daffy Geffner 

Jira standard has a roadmap feature that lets you view your Epics and stories/tasks in each project but this view will only visualise issues in that project. If you want to view more than one Jira project in a roadmap you'll need either advanced roadmaps (by upgrading to Jira Premium) or an add-on through Atlassian Marketplace.

Hi @Daffy Geffner

I just wanted to add a few words about BigPicture/BigGantt, because its flexible rules in defining a Program scope seems to answer your needs.

BigPicture allows users to create a defined collection of tasks based on a combination of multiple Jira projects, boards, or filters and display them all on the roadmap. 

The App gives you a lot of flexibility; you can include tasks from different external tools (such as both Trello and Jira) or include only some tasks that meet your particular specifications. The setup's flexibility ensures you that a Box can be configured to contain exactly the tasks you need to fit your work, using narrowing down JQL Filter (limiting it to epics only).
Please have a look at my image. 

image (71).png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 Favorite Trello templates

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...

75 views 4 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you