How to share a kanban board with a group of users?

Nicole Ritter May 8, 2018

I want to create a board that all unassigned tickets display on for a specific component. I then only want a specific group of users to view this board.

What is the best way to accomplish this?

2 answers

2 votes
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2021

Hey @Nicole Ritter :) It's been a while!

But later than never, right? I'm working with an Atlassian Marketplace Vendor named Old Street Solutions, and I'm happy to say their app recently released a feature you may find handy.

External Share for Jira can now share entire Scrum or Kanban Jira Boards as part of its functionality. You can see the linked example, which is the actual Development Roadmap board of the team.

I hope it may help your future projects!

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2018

Create a board and a quick filter. the quick filter should be something like - assignee is Empty. For the component piece you can either use quick filters or you can add the component to the card.

For the share piece - Go to the board settings and General and edit the share

Nicole Ritter May 21, 2018

Thank you for the help. When I go to share my board with a group, my group is not listed in the drop down. How do I get my group to show in this list?

Stefani Kaimakliotou June 21, 2018

You have to be a member of that group in order for the group to be shown to you.

Suggest an answer