How to setup the new Jira Software Cloud Layout on Jira Software Server?

JG December 6, 2017

I have a Jira Software Server Starter License and I would like to have the new Jira Software Layout as is in the Jira Software Cloud.

Is it possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Christian Reichert (resolution)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2017

Hi Joao,

no unfortunately not.

The new Cloud UI is based on React and Atlassian has not released any server versions based on that yet. Actually to my knowledge they have not even committed to ever do so yet or if server is going to stay on the old AUI for now. 

Cheers,
   Christian

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2017

don't be in too big of a hurry. I'm on cloud and while there are things I really like about it I have switched back to the old UI. I do switch back and forth (thanks for that capability Atlassian!) at times to assist the Community and try things out but I find I am much faster on the old UI.

Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2017

I would second this comment by Jack.  I have a couple of cloud instances I'm working in right now, partially so I can get use to the new UI.  I am way faster at working in the old, though I keep kinda assuming that it is because I'm more familiar with it.  However, the new UI really feels cumbersome. Even after several weeks of heavy work in one of my instances,  I am still having a hard time jumping between instance configuration properties (custom fields, workflows, screen schemes, etc) and project configuration.  

Have been seriously considering spinning up an AWS install of Server.  Just to get a solid working platform with the old UI, for as long as it lasts.

Suggest an answer