Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to setup company-managed project filters to not display tasks and sub-tasks in the same time Edited

Hello, 

I would like to configure company-managed project filters in the way to separate tasks from sub-tasks. Currently, the only option I found in a company-managed project  filter project was the possibility to turn on/off subtasks completely> I would be grateful for help Screenshot 2021-05-13 at 14.57.04.png
Screenshot 2021-05-13 at 15.03.03.pngScreenshot 2021-05-13 at 15.07.12.png

2 answers

Hello @Dominik Maslanka 

Welcome to the community.

I am unclear about what you are trying to do when you say "separate tasks from sub-tasks". Can you provide more description for what you are trying to achieve? Describe what the end result would be.

Hello  Trudy, Thanks for the reply!
Sure. By separating sub-tasks from tasks on the Jira kanban board view I meant to change the view/filtering tasks in company-managed projects to use swimlanes on task lvl not only epic as it's the default in team managed projects.  

Screenshot 2021-05-18 at 08.33.56.png

Currently, in Company managed projects, I have a main Filter where I can see all types of issues so all tickets type are visible on board - it can create confusion when all tasks are visible and not grouped (as it is presented in my previous post).   

So I would like to find a way to display  base issues as default without displaying sub-tickets  

and when I want to see sub tickets - I change to view to swimlanes for tasks and I see sub-task beneath each swim lane (like it is in team-managed projects)   

Unfortunately Company managed for now require from me click on  quick filter when I go into the board and I would like to skip it. Screenshot 2021-05-18 at 08.40.30.png

Is there any way how I can do it with company-managed projects? 

0 votes
John Funk Community Leader May 13, 2021

Hi Dominik,

Your filter can determine whether sub-tasks are show or not. Or you can add a sub-filter to exclude them. Or even add a Quick Filter. 

Hi John, Thanks for your Reply!
I agree but even if I exclude them as sub-filter then it doesn't matter if I  use a quick filter to show them - they still will be not visible. I'm looking for a "switch" solution that will not require me to turn off Sub-tasks via quick-filter every time when I jump into the board 

John Funk Community Leader May 18, 2021

So you want to see them sometimes but not other times - correct? Is that what you mean by a switch solution? 

The only way you will be able to that is with Quick Filters. That IS the switch solution. 

Yes, But I would like to have Quick filter saved and active as default - so I would not require me to click on it every time when I'm jumping into to board. is that possible? 

John Funk Community Leader May 18, 2021

If you bookmark the url when you are in the quick filter, it will remember that when you click on the bookmark.   :-)

It will look something like: .atlassian.net/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=706&quickFilter=9406

Where the board is your board number and the quick filter your quick filter.

Like Trudy Claspill likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

☕️ Monday coffee with Jexo: Weekly Atlassian news roundup | 21st June 2021

Hi community 👋, as every Monday we're bringing you a quick update on what happened in the Atlassian ecosystem last week. There were a few interesting events like for example the announcement of th...

59 views 0 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you