Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to set reminders for individual tasks in Jira

Hi All,

I started using Jira a week ago. I use Any Do for my personal tasks, but need to use Jira for work since that is the tool for task management in my organization. One of the basic features of to do apps in Android is that they allow you to set reminders to do a task at a particular time. Similarly, for tasks in Jira, I explored the Jira Web UI but couldn't find a field with similar features. Does Jira not have the ability to remind users of tasks by sending notifications via Chrome?

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @saishankar ,

You could use notifications, similar to the way it's described in this post: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Email-notification-to-an-Assignee-based-on-Due-Date-of-an-Issue/qaq-p/823008

What criteria would you use to send the notifications?

Thanks,

Hey @Carlos Garcia Navarro, I was planning to use the due date to send the notifications. JQL filters are great, but overkill & a lot of steps for my use case. Let's say I have 10 tasks & would like to receive notifications for just 2 of them at 2 different datetimes on an adhoc basis since only 2 are time sensitive, how would I go about doing them with filters? I was expecting having a separate field in each task which would just allow me to input datetime and then it sends notification at that time so that I don't forget to start on time. Similar to Any Do, TickTick, Google Tasks etc.

Hi, I'd use labels to categorize those tickets that I want to notify on. If you want to create a custom field of date type  that you can use in your JQL query for the filter subscription, it sounds like a good idea to me.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

👋 Looking for 15-20 volunteers to test Atlassian training content

Hi everyone! Are you interested in beta testing Atlassian University’s newest (unreleased!) training course? We’re looking for 15-20 volunteers to test our newest training course, Basic reporting...

789 views 24 28
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you