How to set full read-only access to Greenhopper?

Frantisek Trachta May 12, 2013

I've managed to create a new user&group and except Browsing it has no other rights; however still this user is able to move an issue on the Greenhopper agile board from InProgress to ToDo. I even went through the Workflow and set for each step requirement that it has to be some other group (like Administrator or Developer) to do the transition; it didn't help.

Any ideas?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Frantisek Trachta May 13, 2013

I've once again tried to Edit and Publish the workflow - and now it works! Interesting... But I am thankful it works as expected. Thank you for help.

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2013

Maybe a stupid question, but did you publish the workflow?

Yes I did - it works for any other status perfectly, only "InProgres => ToDo" violates the rules. Even Permission Helper says that this shall be not possible however it is...

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2013

So you have a condition on the transition from InProgress to ToDo? What's exactly your condition?

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2013

That's strange. Is there maybe another global transition available?

Conditions: Only users in group jira-administrators can execute this transition. OR Only users in group jira-developers can execute this transition.

However I can still do it with user "watcher" in the group jira-watchers and jira-users

Suggest an answer