How to set delay in JIRA to flag ticket/item after specific date

Vinit Lenka November 30, 2017

Hi,

I am using JIRA for workflow tracking of different file processing. Each of the files have specific day/date for arrival(weekly/monthly etc). Can I set up an alert if a file processing did not start on a specific date? Meaning if a file has not arrived, no one will start working on that item and that will trigger an alert?

Note : I am not looking for systematic process to integrate with some technical system, but more of manual delay in starting a specific work being flagged.

Today I am using Excel to enter the arrival date of the file and if it is delayed based on the standard expected date, it flags it as red based on a Macro.

Thanks,

Vinit

1 answer

1 vote
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2017

Hi Vinit,

I would suggest you to use a Date type field (Due date might be relevant if available) to flag the expected date. Then you can build a filter based on duedate such as:

duedate >= now()

Once the filter is saved you can subscribe (and other users as well if the filter is shared) to received an updated version of the results on a determined frequency (as explained here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/receiving-search-results-via-email-720416706.html )

If you want a more advanced way of doing so, you could run a script as a Service (using Script Runner for instance) which would check the same condition and eventually update another custom field "Flag" to mark those items as delayed. You can then search for items with that flag set.

I personally prefer the first option as it's using out-of-the-box features and require less knowledge and maintenance :)

Please let me know if it works for you!

Cheers 

Suggest an answer