How to separate sprints for boards that have common projects

jameshartleroad May 4, 2015

I have several Scrum boards that share the same projects, but I'd like to have the Sprint created in each board only show up on that board, is there a way to set a filter or configuration item to do that?

For Example I have Projects A, B and C
Board Alpha includes Projects A and B

Board Bravo includes Projects A and C

Board Charlie includes Projects A, B and C

If I create a Sprint in Board Alpha I don't want it to show or impact Boards Bravo and Charlie.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2015

Simply add an additional term to your filter that says "AND (Sprint in (alpha) or Sprint is Empty)".

This would require a strict naming convention for your sprints, so that all sprints from board Alpha should be named something like "Alpha: Sprint 1".

This will allow each board to only "see" their own sprints, but they will share backlogs as far as the board's filter allow.

0 votes
jameshartleroad May 4, 2015

Nicolas, I'll give you that your response does work for what is being viewed, which does answer my question. 

But that means manually updating the filter with the sprint name after the creation of each sprint, which will be a pain.  Do you know if there is a SprintMatch function that can match a sprint name by regex?  

Probably upvote it in a minute, just thinking through it.

Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2015

You don't need to update the filter at all. I may have put misleading instructions. "Sprint = alpha" will match "alpha - Sprint 1", "alpha - Sprint 2" etc... This already acts as a SprintMatch. "Sprint = pha" would also catch a sprint names "alpha - something". No regexp or wildcards though.

Suggest an answer