How to select issues based on activity history?

Bill Kunneke June 14, 2021

We have a custom field containing a number and I'd like to query (JQL if possible) for all occurrences of field changes.  For example, Leases Entered is changed from 0 to 10, I'd like to know who and when that change was made.  Any thoughts?

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2021

Hi @Bill Kunneke

history searches are only available for some fields, for example for the assignee

assignee changed AFTER -2d

There is a Suggestion open with Atlassian to improve this and make history searches available to custom fields, please make sure to vote and watch it:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-27641

Although this does not fix your issue immediately it shows that the topic is of relevance to your team.

One (clunky) option would be to export data to CSV (regularly) and check for changes in a spreadsheet tool. For field changes you could also work with Automation but only a solution where you get a Slack message or an e-mail would come to my mind.
Depending on how you want to proceed with the information about the changed data (or the changed data itself) this might not be of any help.

Probably, like Trudy said, there will still be recommendations for Apps by other Community members.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2021

Hello @Bill Kunneke 

There is not native functionality available for JQL for that. Are you open to adding a 3rd party app to your instance?

Can you describe the problem you are trying to solve by querying for this information?

Bill Kunneke June 15, 2021

Sure.  We have a custom field containing a number and that number will get updated occasionally.  When the field is updated, it appears in the Activity - History for the issue.  I can write the JQL to get recent activity with something like updatedDate >= -1d.  But I want to see the Activity - History associated with the issue.  Using the UI, I can see this in the issue details:

Bill Kunneke updated the Custom Count seconds ago

0 -> 5

For this change, I'd like to get the data that shows the value changed from 0 to 5.  The data is there, I just can't figure out how to get to it.  My team is logging changes, I just can't report on it.  I'm open to using a 3rd party for this.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events