How to see and edit the permissions a group provides access to

William Trebes February 3, 2023

A user was able to access a project the we believed to be restricted and no longer in user by the majority of users. After finding the group that was giving the access I have been unable to see the permissions to which groups it provides in order to understand the impact of removing that group from a users access or removing the access in that group for the restricted project. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2023

Hi @William Trebes welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I'm trying to understand what you're saying or asking here.

So a couple of questions:

• Is it a Jira Software project?
  • Is it a company-based or team-based project?
  • Who has the Browse Projects permission in the permission scheme associated with the project? Which groups, project roles, ...?
  • Have you used the Permission Helper to understand the permissions for a user belonging to that group?
William Trebes February 8, 2023

Hi Dave, 

Permission Helper was very useful here, it was able to direct me to the Projects settings which showed me the people tab to identify which users have access to view the Project. 

Like Dave Mathijs likes this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2023

If it answered your question, thanks to hit the Accept answer button.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events