How to restrict "services" to be in REPORTER field?

Bastien Delourmel December 7, 2021

Hi everyone, 

In jira cloud, it appears that when you want to edit the reporter on a ticket, several "services" appears as users: 

Reporter as services.png

They are not users in: 

• Managed account
  • User management

How to restrict them (without using properties on workflows...)? 

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2021

I see the same thing in my instance.

I suspect it comes from allowing add-ons to create issues. This would be done in a Permissions Scheme by assigning the Create Permission to this role:

Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 10.49.46 AM.png

I have not found a way to selectively specify which add-ons can create issues. And removing the Project Role from the permission in the Permission Scheme will block all add-ons from creating issues.

This post is related to this topic, but does not offer a solution.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Is-it-ok-to-remove-atlassian-addons-project-access-from/qaq-p/708313

Bastien Delourmel December 16, 2021

Thanks for this answer!

Yep we can't do anything, unless delete them from the permission. Which can cause troublshooting

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2021

Hi Bastien,

The Reporter is automatically populated with the name of the person who created the issue. There are probably very few instances for when you need to change that value. What kind of problem is it causing you to have those values in an issue after it has been created? 

Bastien Delourmel December 16, 2021

Hi John, I gave the exemple of "reporter", but we have the same things with "Assignee" :)

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer