How to restore scrum boards?

Gernot Mende March 20, 2013

We made an xml Backup and restored this on another JIRA Server. Everything got restored fine, except the greenhopper boards. In Agile JIRA shows "No boards are currently available." In the JIRA documentation I read all greenhopper settings will be resored with the xml restore but it seems not to work. Are there any special steps to restore greenhopper boards?

7 answers

1 vote
Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2013

Have you tried the obvious: Re-index the database?

I have had the same issue when upgrading or recreating an instance. A re-index have helped me in these cases.

Gernot Mende April 14, 2013

yes, I re-idexed the database .... more than once, but it did not solve the problem.

Sergei Kucheiko August 13, 2013

Worked for me! thanks

husseinmoghnieh December 4, 2014

Did not work for me!

bromoserwfm October 31, 2016

This worked great for me! I've been trying to figure out why sprint data for a very old instance of JIRA (still using Greenhopper 5.x) wasn't showing up when I migrated servers. I ran a re-index and now my sprints are good to go.

0 votes
Adaptive Biotechnologies July 8, 2015

We have the same problem. I restored using the zip file from the source machine and the server says: No Issues are currently visible.

This is holding up a server migration for us.

0 votes
Mark Lee-Dell April 17, 2015

I have the exact same problem.  Has this been resolved or is there a bug request open for this.

0 votes
cdplab January 30, 2014

Hi Darryl

While importing, did you choose the unzipped xml file or the whole zip backup?

Try importing from the whole zip file.

Regards,

0 votes
Darryl Lee January 29, 2014

Hey all - I too am seeing this problem in JIRA 5.0.7 and Greenhopper 6.1.6 (originally installed with 6.1.2, but upgrading did not restore the boards either).

Did you ever find anything more on this?

Fazila ashraf January 30, 2014

Hi Darryl

Did you import from the unzipped xml file or from the whole zip?

Try importing from the whole zip.

Regards,

0 votes
vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2013

Hi Genot,

I'm thinking this might be related with this KB article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GHKB/Rapid+Board+is+Empty

Additionally, it could also be this bug:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-5149

If none of the above are related, could you provide us with the screenshot of the problem and more information so we can have betteru understanding of the problem.

Cheers,

Gernot Mende April 14, 2013

Hi Vicky,

I guess none of the two articles seems to describe the issue we have. Its not that the boards are not empty or not accessable. The boards get not restored at all.

This is the way I tried to move our JIRA to a new server:
I made a complete xml backup on one JIRA Server where Greenhopper plugin is installed and different scrum board were created. Then I imported this backup on an other server on wich the Greenhopper plugin allready was installed. After importing the backup there is none of our scrum boards available on the new server.

How can I upload screenshots?

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2013

Hi Gernot,

Actually, once you have restored your XML backup, you will have to re-install your GreenHopper (seeing as you have restored in on another JIRA Server).

The XML restore will only restore the database tables associated with GreenHopper, and won't install the plugin itself. You will have to install it.

Cheers,

Joe

Gernot Mende March 26, 2013

Hi Joe,

the GreenHopper plugin has already been installed on the new server before the xml backup was restored . I've now uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled it. Unfortunately the Scrum boards are still not available.

Gernot

Clayton Morrow April 12, 2013

I've got a similar issue to this as well - I have been testing backups for our Atlassian products this week and I have the GreenHopper plugin installed and enabled, and restored a fresh install of Jira with an XML backup. I can see all of our issues in JIRA, even the greenhopper boards but there were no current scrums (though there should be), and the board was completely empty of tasks.

Suggest an answer