Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to report on Epics,Stories and their Test

Hi,

I want to create a report for all the epics and their related stories and tests of those stories on Jira Server.

Can you please help me? I see there are lot of limitations as this is Jira server.

I do have Scriptrunner installed in the system but I am new to it.

Can I write JQL advanced query to achieve this result? Is it possible without any add-ons?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Shivika

3 answers

0 votes

If you will be ok to use 3rd party, Pivot Repot that we develop may help you quite a lot:

shot_220607_233353.png

More demos are available here. Feel free to contact me if you need a demo or have any related questions.  

Hi @Dmitry Astapkovich _Colined_   Thanks for the option. Unfortunately my organisation does not want to spend on add-ons.

Regards,

Shivika

0 votes

Hi, @Shivika Shah 

You can try some queries with issuesInEpics:

issueFunction in issuesInEpics("project = SSPB and status = 'To Do'") or project = SSPB and issuetype in (Epic) and status = 'To Do'

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your response. I am getting all issue types including Stories, test , bugs etc. 

I tried to tweak the query with only issuetype in (Story, Test) but its not fetching all stories.

I will keep trying and If I get the desired result, I will update here.

I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Shivika

0 votes
Alex Community Leader Jun 02, 2022

Hi @Shivika Shah 

How do you relate stories to tests?

What format do you expect to extract the report from? Would a list of issues meet the requirements?

Please share a little bit more about your scenario. 

Cheers, 

Alex

Hi Alex,

Tests are added as test coverage under stories. 

Stories are added under ‘issues in Epics’.

I want to show it on dashboard. Not sure if any gadget would allow that. 

Not sure if I can create chart in excel. 

I think list would suffice.

Regards,

Shivika

Alex Community Leader Jun 03, 2022

Hi @Shivika Shah 

Thanks for sharing more details. I guess @Alexander Bondarev gave you an excellent path for Stories and depending on how you link stories to tests, perhaps you could also take a look at linkedissuesof function. 

Cheers,

Alex 

Hi Alex, 

I have tried using the above mentioned query but I am not getting desired results. As I said earlier, I will update here if I get the required result.

Thanks for following up.

Regards,

Shivika

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,611 views 37 46
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you